Monday, March 7, 2011

Penne in Spicy Garlic Sauce

Let's start off with a little wiki history, since I love finding out new information. There are few things we didn’t know about Penne. The best thing about Penne is its very practical design, the hollow center allows it to hold sauce, while the angular ends act as scoops. It’s an interesting design since penne ridges allow it to hold still more sauce, as well as offering an alternative textural option for certain dishes.

This weekend I was in the cooking mood, since I haven’t cooked anything in a while.  It was my first weekend off in over a month, where I didn’t have anything to do. I took advantage of that by being in the kitchen, doing what I love. This recipe came to me as I was searching in the pantry to make something. I didn’t feel like going grocery shopping since that would defeat the purpose of being at home. I looked through found a unopened box of penne and the rest sort of came to me on the way. Try it out for yourself, and don’t forget to leave me your comments.

Ingredients

Directions:
  1. Bring a large pot of lightly sea salted water to a boil.
  2. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and toss with olive oil 
  3. Meanwhile, Heat butter in a large skillet over low heat
  4. Sauté the garlic in the butter until it turns golden brown
  5. Add the green chili and reduce heat, cook for two minutes
  6. Turn the heat to medium high, add milk and chicken broth to the skillet and bring to boil.
  7. Turn the heat to low and cook for five minutes or until the butter is separated from the milk/broth
  8. Stir in cooked pasta, add salt and tomatoes stir again
  9. To serve, add the pasta to a plate/bowl and grate pepper jack cheese on top.   
Result:

No comments:

Post a Comment